1 Tbsp (14 g)
11.4 oz (325 g)firm tofu, pressed, cut into 1 cm cubes
1 tsp (5 mL)vegetable oil
3cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp (6 g)freshly grated ginger
3 Tbsp (45 mL)Thai red curry paste†
2vegetable bouillon cubes
2½ cups (600 mL)boiling water
1⅔ cups (399 mL)canned full-fat coconut milk
2 Tbsp (30 mL)
2 tsp (10 mL)sambal oelek (optional)
1red bell pepper, thinly sliced
4.4 oz (125 g)dry brown rice noodles
2small heads bok choy, ends trimmed
fresh bean sprouts
sliced green onion
- Add the coconut oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the tofu. Try to let sit undisturbed, stirring only every few minutes. Continue until lightly golden and crispy on all sides.
- Meanwhile, to a large pot on high heat, add the oil, garlic, and ginger. Let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 1 more minute, stirring throughout.
- Then add the bouillon cubes, boiling water, coconut milk, soy sauce, sambal, and bell pepper. Stir and partially cover. Let the soup simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then add the noodles and greens and let simmer for 3 more minutes**.
- Serve, add the tofu, and your desired garnish, and enjoy!
- †If you're vegan, be sure to check the ingredient list of the curry paste to make sure it is free from fish sauce.
- ** If you don't have instant noodles that cook within 3 minutes, cook the noodles in a separate saucepan first, and then add them to the coconut broth at the end.
- This soup is best enjoyed immediately. Otherwise, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Ideally, store the noodles, tofu, and broth separately, and combine only when ready to enjoy.
Let us know what you think
The Plate Method is a visual tool that helps us ensure our dietary needs are on track. Touch the image below to see how this recipe measures up.
Grains & Starches 47%
• dry brown rice noodles
• firm tofu
Fruits & Veggies 37%
• clove garlic
• freshly grated ginger
• red bell pepper
• small head bok choy
• firm tofu
• coconut oil
• vegetable oil
• canned full-fat coconut milk
Nutrition per serving
Calories 588 kcal
|Total fat||34.4 g|
|Saturated fat||24.7 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||53.5 g|
|Dietary fiber||7.2 g|
|Total sugars||9.6 g|
|Added sugars||0.0 g|
|Vitamin A||358 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||83.0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin K||50 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes