Total2 hr + 45 min
Marinated BBQ tempeh
8.8 oz (250 g)tempeh, thinly sliced
1 cup (240 mL)BBQ sauce
3 Tbsp (45 mL)
2 Tbsp (30 mL)
1clove garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp (15 mL)rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp (15 mL)
1 tsp (2 g)freshly grated ginger
1 tsp (5 mL)sambal oelek (optional)
1 tsp (5 mL)sesame oil
6.3 oz (180 g)dry soba noodles
1 cup (150 g)frozen shelled edamame beans
1 Tbsp (15 mL)sesame oil
2cloves garlic, crushed
1⅓ cups (93 g)shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
1large broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
red hot chili
sliced green onion
toasted sesame seeds
Make your own
- Arrange the tempeh in a baking dish, pour on the BBQ sauce, and turn to coat all over with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours - the longer the better.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the marinated tempeh on a parchment-lined baking tray, and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 15 minutes. Then flip the pieces over and bake for another 10 minutes until caramelized.
- Remove from oven and brush with additional BBQ sauce if desired.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar or bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Add the soba noodles and edamame to a pot of boiling water. Return to a soft boil and cook for 5 minutes, or until the noodles are al dente. Drain and rinse. Note, our package indicated the noodles would take 4 minutes to cook. If your noodle package indicates it takes longer to cook, simply add the edamame during the last 5 minutes.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high heat. When hot, add the oil and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Then add the broccolini and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the drained noodles and edamame to the pan.
- Pour over the dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide into bowls, add the BBQ tempeh, garnish, and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The Plate Method is a visual tool that helps us ensure our dietary needs are on track. Touch the image below to see how this recipe measures up.
• dry soba noodles
• frozen shelled edamame beans
Fruits & Veggies 36%
• clove garlic
• freshly grated ginger
• clove garlic
• shiitake mushroom
• large broccoli
CalciumNo significant sources of calcium
• sesame oil
• sesame oil
Nutrition per serving
Calories 569 kCal
|Total fat||19 g|
|Saturated fat||4 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||79 g|
|Dietary fiber||8 g|
|Total sugars||28 g|
|Added sugars||18 g|
|Vitamin A||219 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||53 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||2 mg|
|Vitamin K||103 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes