View on phone
¼ cup (40 g)raisins
¼ cup (60 mL)apple juice
¼ cup (60 mL)water
1 Tbsp (14 g)granulated sugar
¼ tspground cinnamon
1 pinchground cloves (optional)
¾ cup (180 mL)aquafaba†
1 tsp (3 g)cream of tartar
2 cups (276 g)all-purpose flour
¼ cup (56 g)granulated sugar
½ tspbaking powder
1½ cups (360 mL)unsweetened soy milk
¼ cup (60 mL)carbonated water
2 Tbsp (28 g)unsalted vegan butter, melted, plus more for cooking
1 tsp (5 mL)
- In a small bowl, soak the raisins in apple juice for 10 minutes.
- Drain the apple juice from the raisins into a saucepan (reserve the raisins for later). Add the remaining compote ingredients to the saucepan as well. Cook at a gentle simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip the aquafaba and cream of tartar in a large bowl using an electric hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- In another large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir.
- Add the milk, carbonated water, butter, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Gently fold in the aquafaba and raisins.
- In a medium pan on medium heat, melt a bit of butter, then pour in some of the batter, enough to cover the bottom of the pan about 1 cm thick. If the pan is too small, you might have to cook the pancake in more than 2 batches. Cook for 5 - 8 minutes, or until the bottom is golden.
- Flip the pancake and let it partly set for 1 - 2 minutes, then start to cut it apart into small pieces with wooden spatulas.
- Cook and stir until all the pieces have become golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Sprinkle over some powdered sugar if desired and serve with the plum compote. Enjoy!
- †If swapping for frozen fruit, use about 2 cups.
- †Aquafaba is the liquid from a jar or can of chickpeas.
- Best to enjoy immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 2 days.
Let us know what you think
The Plate Method is a visual tool that helps us ensure our dietary needs are on track. Touch the image below to see how this recipe measures up.
Grains & Starches 29%
• all-purpose flour
• unsweetened soy milk
Fruits & Veggies 49%
• unsweetened soy milk
• unsalted vegan butter
Nutrition per serving
Calories 485 kcal
|Total fat||5.7 g|
|Saturated fat||1.3 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||97.4 g|
|Dietary fiber||4.7 g|
|Total sugars||38.7 g|
|Added sugars||17.5 g|
|Vitamin A||112 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B12||1 μg|
|Vitamin C||13.2 mg|
|Vitamin D||1 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin K||15 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes