Total1 hr + 15 min
⅓ cup (48 g)raw almonds*
⅓ cup (39 g)raw walnuts*
⅔ cup (53 g)unsweetened shredded coconut
The Cream Filling
1½ cups (195 g)raw cashews
- In a food processor, blend the almonds and walnuts into a coarse flour.
- Add in the shredded coconuts, dates, and salt and continue to blend until the mixture sticks together. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the base of a 24-cup mini muffin tin*** and press down firmly.
- Place the mixture in the freezer to set while making the cream filling.
- To the food processor, add the cashews, lemon juice, dates, and vanilla extract. If desired, you can also add the zest of 1 - 2 lemons, reserving some lemon zest for garnish. Blend for several minutes until a soft cream is formed.
- Divide the cream filling between the mini muffin tin wells.
- Sprinkle the top with shredded coconut and the reserved lemon zest for garnish.
- Place the muffin tin in the freezer for approximately 1 hour to set.
- To remove the cups, simply slide a butter knife around the edge while applying slight inward pressure with the knife, and the cups should pop up.
- These can be enjoyed cold straight out of the freezer, or for maximum creaminess let them sit until they soften before serving.
- * We recommend soaking the nuts in water before using them in this recipe, ideally for at least a couple of hours or overnight. This is optional, though, and simply helps our bodies better absorb some nutrients in the nuts.
- ** If the dates are hard, simply soak in warm water for 10 minutes first, then drain.
- *** If you don't have a mini muffin tin, you can use a large muffin tin, or press the mixture into an 8 inch (20 cm) square baking dish and cut into squares after freezing.
- Store the cups in an airtight containers in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition per lemon cup
Calories 141 kCal
|Total fat||7 g|
|Saturated fat||2 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||20 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g|
|Total sugars||14 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||1 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||4 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||1 mg|
|Vitamin K||3 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes